Israel is a multicultural country, and today hundreds of thousands of people come to Israel and seek residence and work in Israel. And as many people would have the desire to obtain Israeli citizenship and live in Israel permanently. Therefore getting Israeli citizenship is a difficult and long process, but it’s not impossible. There are many ways to obtain Israeli citizenship.
Who can apply for Israeli citizenship?
Under the Israeli laws on citizenship and residency, if a person who meets at least one of the following statements, may apply for Israeli citizenship
- Photo (3×4 of all family members)
- Proof of their Jewish background
- All available passports in stock
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate
- Birth and marriage certificates of relatives
- Diploma, education certificate
- A letter from the workplace or employer and salary slip from the past 1 year
- Criminal records check (“police clearance certificate”)
- Information about close relatives in Israel
- They must submit all documents in original.
- And family members must be present at the reception with the consul.
- All documents must be translated into Hebrew and authenticated by a notary and affidavit.
The procedure for obtaining citizenship would take 3 years to 5 years, depending on the Visa type. First, the applicant would have to accept that the procedures are not going to be easy to acquire citizenship in Israel. It’s a long time process and required lots of patience. If the applicant is not familiar with the procedures, he/she would end up disappointed and false promises. That’s why we are here to provide you with the right information so that you achieve your goal.